Sunday, June 28, 2009

Running...My Model

Tonight I am spending some time with the hydrothermal model I am building for some research I'm doing at Vandy. It is actually very interesting work, I just need time to spend on it. I am one who never really minds being busy, but this week took it to an extreme. I actually spent almost 70 hours at the office!!
The past few weeks have been fun. Two weeks ago, I ran Ellie's Run for Africa. It was a fantastic experience! I have also been spending a lot of time at Juro Stables learning how to ride with the most fantastic horse, Wendy. My instructor, Brandon, is very patient and I think a little amused by me. He also turns out to be a talented musician (click his name)!
I am trying to keep up my training schedule. I am going a little slower than I expected and have only completed three weeks on the schedule. It is not so much that I am not running regularly, rather, I am not running the pace and distance I would like. I am now up to a daily five mile minimum. That is pushing it a bit for me, especially in this heat. I may hold here for a couple of weeks before adding any more distance.
Ok, back to running...my model, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment