Monday, August 3, 2009

Catching Up

I hate that I have not been better about keeping up with the blog. Every time I think about it I think "I don't have the pictures I want to post" or "I don't have time to write everything" and then I get even further behind.

There has been a lot going on. July flew by...I spent the 4th with mom and dad by the pool at their house, the following weekend mom, dad, Hillary and Heath helped me get my yard back to a presentable state, and the following Friday Eric came home for his R&R.

It was fabulous having Eric home! We went to Sonoma and San Francisco the first week he was home. We stayed at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa while we were in Sonoma...it was an exceptional experience! We visited several vineyards, among my favorites were Benziger and BR Cohn. Benziger practices biodynamic farming and is a fantastically beautiful property; it was almost as fun learning about their sustainable practices as it was drinking the wine!

San Francisco was unbelievable (and unseasonably) cold. We bought jackets and sweatshirts just to try to stay warm. We stayed in the Westin St. Francis. We were just off of Union Square in the middle of incredible shopping and sites. We spent a lot of time just taking and catching up from the last 3 months.

On the plane on the way home I started feeling bad and unfortunately I spent the last week Eric was home really sick.

Eric is back in Amman now and I'm about 90% well. I started training again today and am looking forward to getting back into a routine.

1 comment:

  1. My brain does not work and I probably look like an ass. I did not put two and two together on who posted that their husband was in Jordan. I told him that I met you on blogger and he is probably thinking, "What an idiot."

    Thats what you get for spending too much time in the sun will do for you.

    Anyhow, I am going to try and start from the beginning and check out your blog. I have a reliable (relative term) internet connection now and a stable platform (once again, relatively speaking) in Windows XP. God only knows why I didn't pony up for another Mac. I promise myself daily that I will never buy another Windows-based device again or I will cut off my own thumbs.

    I will catch up with you later,
    Kel

    ReplyDelete