Monday, June 1, 2009

Back on Track

I have finally recovered from not feeling so well recently. I have had a lot going on and probably did not recover as quickly as I would have if I had not been so busy.

Here's a quick recap of my May Madness!
May 9 my sister, Hillary, graduated from Auburn with an Architecture degree. It was a really good time.


Three weekends ago I was in a wedding for one of my oldest friends, Laura.
It was a great time and she was a beautiful bride.

The following weekend, I was in Pigeon Forge with Jeanne and some of her buddies. My camera battery died and I didn't take my charger, so I don't have any pictures. We stayed in a beautiful cabin and had tons of fun!!

This weekend was one of the best I have spent in Nashville. Astyn and Kathrin were in town for a visit and we had a fabulous time. Saturday afternoon we went horseback riding.

My horse really liked to run. We ran everywhere, on the trails, in the open fields...everywhere. I really enjoyed it! At one point, our guide actually told me that I had to slow down! I think he was completely entertained by our group.
We also went to a couple of the honky tonks; we wanted to make it to more, but Tootsies was so much fun that we couldn't tear ourselves away. It was quite possibly the perfect Nashville night.



The last couple of weeks I have only done a few short runs because I didn't feel very well. Tomorrow morning it is back to the training schedule. I am already a little sore from the horseback riding and the insane amount of dancing we did Saturday night, so I can only imagine what tomorrow is going to feel like. I am looking forward to it, though. I have missed the way it feels to start the day with a long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment