Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Setting the Stage for a Great Day

Today was my first serious run in a couple of weeks. It was not that difficult, an easy 3 miles; it gave me some time to think. I have spent the last month reacting to my surroundings and have spent very little time taking anything in. I am not complaining....I have had a fantastic month. I just think that sometimes you need to take some time to understand why you enjoy what you enjoy. This morning I thought a lot about why I enjoy my morning runs...
  • There are two sweet faces waiting for me downstairs every morning...I'm sure it is mostly because they are hungry, but I like to think its because they think I'm fabulous.

  • My neighborhood is so pleasant. When I walk out the front door at 5am, there is always someone else out walking their dog or jogging.

  • I get to set the soundtrack of my day during my early morning runs. Many times the music I listen to while running determines my mood for the day...it energizes me or helps me relax or even puts me in the mood for having some fun.

  • Upon returning home, I get to do one of my favorite tasks of the morning, tending to my plants. This year, I think I'm going to be a very successful gardener. I've already got 4 types of lettuce and spinach and I will soon have tomatoes and peppers.





  • Most importantly, mornings are always better with a fresh pot of coffee.

I am so happy that I made the effort to run this morning. It was completely worth it!!! I am actually looking forward to waking up at 4:45 tomorrow morning to do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment