Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Change of Scenery...

...is something I definitely did not get today!!
One or two times a week I run at the track, this is my ABSOLUTE least favorite workout. I feel a little like a hamster on a wheel...or something equally as frustrating. I ran 4.5 miles this morning and the scenery never changed; it was a good workout, though.

I focus a lot on my time and how I feel when I run at the track because there really is not much else to do. I always try to pick some really good tunes, but this morning I had not put too much thought into it. That is why, at the beginning of mile 3, I was very pleasantly surprised when I heard the opening bars to Journey's Don't Stop Believing. The image of my very good friend, Matt, and I singing (or screaming) that very song at the top of our lungs at numerous Christmas parties immediately put a smile on my face.

I think it also increased my pace!!!


Immediately after that, Katy Perry made me wish I had woken up in Vegas...

Anyone up for a trip?

So, I am up way past my usual bedtime and I am sure I will struggle with getting up in the morning. I have a million more things to write...the possibility of a DC trip in the near future, more about my budding garden, and of course the horseback riding lesson I scheduled for this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment