Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot

~Charlie Chaplin

Recently, I have been in the middle of some of the most ridiculous situations. Some very preventable and some just the luck of the draw. It's times like these that remind me why my friend Jeanne and I began declaring that we "suck at life." Although, I sometimes think that more than actually "sucking at life" we are just fortunate enough to be members of a very select group that attracts chaos. No complaints...when you attract chaos, life is always interesting.

For instance, in the last week I somehow developed both a viral and bacterial infection and had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that did unmentionable things to my stomach while causing me to break out in hives; it snowed record amounts in Nashville; we had crazy deadlines at work; and UAB NAS asked me to be the featured Minute with a Member for January.

Fortunately, Eric has been a superstar taking care of me while I have been sick; the snow has been interesting; we met our deadlines; and the UAB thing is kinda fun.

Even when considering the positive aspects of a chaotic life, I've often aspired to be one of those individuals who can weather any storm; someone who can emerge from the most horrific situation appearing as though they just returned from a spa weekend.

However, I am not one of those individuals, regardless of any efforts I exert to the contrary, I will always appear as though I am in the middle of a category five tornado at the first sign of trouble.

It's who I am.

It's how I handle things.

I wouldn't be me if that changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment