Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 4: A Season of Gratefulness


Today I am grateful for…

1. Free Will. I regularly have to remind myself that the place I occupy, is exactly where I chose. This is easy when things are going well; however, when a situation is less that optimal, it’s a little more difficult to take credit for landing myself there. The good part about even the not-so-great times is that I have the option of choosing to move past that moment. Knowing that, while I cannot control anyone else, I can control my reactions to them and my interactions with them empowers me.

2. Freshly Painted Walls. I love cleanliness and order. Nothing appears cleaner or more orderly than a freshly painted room. All of the lines are neat, there is no dust on the baseboards or cobwebs in the corners. All of the random scuffs and nail holes are absent. Each time I finish painting a room and take a moment to examine the final product, for a brief moment I can understand minimalism. I then recall how much I love to be surrounded by books and pictures and stationary; my minimalist dreams flee.

3. Redemption. Restoration to a better condition. So frequently I feel like I need to be a better version of myself and, fortunately, this is always a possibility. How lost and hopeless would humanity be if redemption ceased to exist?

4. Philosophy Strawberry Milkshake. The best body wash EVER! This is what the end of a bad day and the beginning of a better evening smells like to me. It smells so amazing and it feels just as good; if it’s been a truly horrific day, I use it in my hair as well. Sometimes, the small things make the biggest difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment