Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 2: A Season of Gratefulness

Today, I am grateful for…
  1. Free time. I am beyond excited to have two entire days that are not scheduled this week. No conference calls, no meetings, no deadlines. I can work or sleep or organize or bake or anything else that I feel like. Just the anticipation of free time makes me feel like I can take a really deep breath for the first time in a long time…I am so excited that I’m almost giddy.
  2. Good health. I’ve abused my body as much or more than most, but I’ve also always adhered to the philosophy that Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out. However, as a result of witnessing so much heartache lately because of sick babies and lost loved ones, I have become acutely aware of how fragile our bodies can be. Inasmuch, I am thankful that, despite all of the madness I’ve partaken in, I am alive and well today and I intend to take full advantage of it because I have no idea what is in store for me tomorrow.
  3. Rainy Days. Rainy days, for some reason, seem to me to be more peaceful than most. It is amazing to wake up to bright sunshine most of the time, but sometimes feeling like you just don’t have to be fully awake and can snuggle back into the covers is a really good thing. Today is going to be a cloudy, rainy, stormy fall day and I couldn’t be more excited about it!
  4. Sharing meals with friends. A sense of community is something we all need; there is no better way to achieve this that to share a meal with friends. Moreover, how much better does it get than good food and good company? ! I am so very blessed to have good friends that also happen to be very good cooks! However, even if it isn’t some elaborate meal, maybe just coffee or ice cream or whatever, I get an unbelievable recharge from just taking a moment, having a conversation, and enjoying something tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment