Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fartlek = Fun...I'm not so sure

I began this morning at 5am with a 45 minute "fartlek," which according to Running Planet is the Swedish word for speed play. I would jog at a moderate pace for 5 minutes, and then speed up for one minute. There really was not much playful about it, but I got a good workout and in the end felt really good.

A few other things have kept me running today. These guys definitely keep me on my toes...

Bryant had his first training class today. He was definitely the worst behaved and the biggest one in the class. I was absolutely exhausted by the time we were finished. We are going to have to practice, practice, practice before next Tuesday!

I also mowed the lawn for the first time since Eric and I have been married...almost 6 years! It was reminiscent of the Thursday afternoon ritual growing up, except then we had riding mowers. I was fairly pleased with myself seeing as I had never used a push mower! The lawn could look better, but at least the neighbors will not complain about ours being a foot higher than every other lawn in the neighborhood.

Tomorrow should be a little less crazy...the morning starts with an easy 3 miles and we'll see where things go from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment