Wednesday, June 15, 2011

21 Weeks

I realize my last post was more recent than 21 weeks ago; however, I feel the need to revisit the last 21 weeks (or at least 19) to completely relay what we’ve been up to!

On 29 January 2011 we celebrated Eric’s 37th birthday with a very spirited fiesta. There was a taco bar, margarita bar, and ice cream sundae bar. Not to mention an incredible cake and sparklers. A great time was had by all; so much so that we now affectionately refer to Eric’s birthday celebration as “THE day.”


In February, still unaware of the impact of “THE day” I went on a wonderful trip with my friend Clare to NYC. We had a blast, but I could not figure out why I was so exhausted!


We returned from NYC 19 February and on 24 February:




Eric was in DC…I sent him a text message. Evidently, I’m not the best at sharing big news.




5 March we told our families. They were thrilled. (That was week 6 if you are counting)


12 March we went on the General Jackson dinner cruise with my parents. I fell asleep despite the blaring music.


18 March the baby attended his first DC United soccer match and I told the DC girls that we are having a baby. 3 April we were able to see our little on for the first time. Hillary termed it the Gummy Bear picture.



18 April (13 weeks) we saw the little on again. This was an unscheduled ultrasound and Eric was in DC, but I found out that day that we are having a little BOY! 21 April was another United match and some time with Eric in DC. Little man already has a jersey ready for next season!!

Mother’s Day weekend, May 5, was spent at the Kentucky Derby (I forgot my hat!). I occupied a lawn chair in the Infield the entire day, but the people-watching was nice!

The next weekend (16 weeks) we celebrated Andrew’s graduation, Barrett moved, and Eric and dad began working on the nursery. The month of May also included visiting preschools which is possibly one of the most overwhelming tasks to date!!!

21 May we headed back to DC. The weekend included a trip to Annapolis to by the little guy a model sailboat, brunch with some of my favorite ladies, and DC United soccer.

Memorial Day weekend brought more work on the nursery, which has expanded to re-carpeting three bedrooms, re-plumbing the HVAC, new electrical work, some minor carpentry, and a new coat of paint on several rooms. It also entailed a major shopping trip with my mom and Hillary for maternity and baby clothes.


7 June Eric and I celebrated 8 years of marriage. It was also my 20 week appointment and the “BIG” ultrasound. Even though we had been told we are having a boy, it was still a big day for looking at all of his measurements and making sure he is healthy.

10 June we headed to the beach with mom and dad. It was a fabulous, relaxing trip, but we did make time for a little baby shopping!!

October 27 is quickly approaching and we are beyond excited to meet our little guy. It has been a very interesting few months!! I have realized that there is nothing that is unaffected by pregnancy…my nose is stuffy for no apparent reason, sometimes I don’t hear well, I’m sobbing one minute and laughing hysterically the next, and sleeping through the night is impossible. Eric has been the most amazing husband anyone could ask for…he hasn’t even gotten annoyed with my constant adjusting of the thermostat!!

I am positive that our life with a child, much like our lives to date, will be anything but conventional; I am also positive that it will be an amazing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment